The parish of Monasterevin in the Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin will host their annual Solemn Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help for six weeks during this year’s Lenten period.
The Novena will begin at 7.30pm on Ash Wednesday, 1 March, at St Peter & Paul’s Church, Monasterevin, and will continue each Wednesday night until 5 April.
The theme of this year’s Novena is ‘My Faith Story’. As part of the Novena, each week a guest speaker will present to the parish community. The list of speakers includes Fr Gaspar Habara, a Slovakian priest currently ministering in Kildare, Sally McEllistrim of World Missions Ireland and Kate Liffey, National Director for Catechetics. The full list of speakers and dates is as follows:
- 1 March – Sally McEllistrim, PR Manager for World Missions Ireland
- 8 March – Bishop Pat Storey, Church of Ireland Bishop of Kildare and Meath
- 15 March – George Hook, broadcaster and journalist
- 22 March – Kate Liffey , National Director for Catechetics
- 29 March – Fr Gaspar Habara, Slovakian priest ministering in Kildare
- 5 April – Liam McGloughlin, councillor in Cuan Mhuire, Athy
For more information on the Novena and other events in the Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin, visit www.kandle.ie.