Bishop Kevin Doran, Bishop of Elphin, has announced the following diocesan appointments to take place in the Diocese of Elphin from July 2016:
In the Roscommon, Kiltoom, Athlone and Athleague parishes, effective 31 July:
- Very Rev Canon Eugene McLoughlin, who is retiring as Parish Preist VF of Roscommon, will be Administrator of Athleague and Fuerty, which became vacant on the death of Very Rev John Leogue PP.
- Very Rev John Cullen, currently Parish Priest of Kiltoom will be appointed as Parish Priest of Roscommon.
- Rev Michael McManus CC Athlone (Drum), is to be PP of Kiltoom.
- Rev Kazimir Wrobel (Archdiocese of Katowice, Poland), CC Athleague and Fuerty to be CC Athlone (Drum).
In the parishes of Castlerea, Kilgefin (Ballyleague) and St Mary’s, Sligo effective 31 July:
- Very Rev Canon Joseph Fitzgerald PP is retiring as Parish Priest of Castlerea. He will reside in Ballygar and join the parish team at Sacred Heart Parish, Roscommon.
- Very Rev John McManus, PP Kilgefin (Ballyleague), to be Parish Priest of Castlerea.
- Rev Dusmanta Mahanyak (Archdiocese of Cuttack Bhubaneswar, India), CC St. Mary’s, Sligo, to be Administrator of Kilgefin (Ballyleague).
- Rev Julian Lupot (Diocese of Tagbilaran, Philippines), to be CC of St Mary’s, Sligo.
The parish of Tulsk will see the following appointment, effective 15 July:
- Rev John Gannon (Archdiocese of Johannesburg), to be Parish Priest of Tulsk parish, which became vacant on the death of Monsignor Austin McKeon.
In the parishes of Aughrim and Kilmore, effective 31st July:
- Rev Tomasz Grzegorzewski SDB is taking sabbatical leave and has resigned as Parish Priest of Aughrim and Kilmore.
- Rev Stephen Ezenwegbu (Diocese of Awka, Nigeria), to be Administrator of Aughrim and Kilmore.