Bishop Larry Duffy of Clogher has announced the diocesan changes and appointments for 2020.
The following appointments will take effect from Friday 4 September:
- Rt Rev Monsignor Richard Mohan PP, Clones to be PE Clones, residing at Aghadrumsee
- Very Rev Peter Corrigan PP, Killeevan-Currin-Aghabog to be PE Killeevan-Currin-Aghabog
- Very Rev John Halton PP, Tempo (Pobal) to be PE, Tempo (Pobal)
- Rt Rev Monsignor Peter O’Reilly PP VG Enniskillen to also be PP Tempo (Pobal)
- Very Rev Jim Moore PP, Fintona (Donacavey) to be PP Clones and also to be PP Killeevan-Currin-Aghabog
- Canon Pat McEntee PP, Dromore to also be PP Fintona (Donacavey)
- Fr Kevin Connolly CC, Clones to be CC Fintona (Donacavey).
Commenting on the changes Bishop Duffy said, “I thank all the priests of the diocese, and our deacon, for their generous service to the people of God, especially during these last few months. To the four priests who have reached retirement age I say a sincere word of thanks for your service over the years and I wish you many more years of health and happiness. In these challenging times, may the Lord strengthen us all.”
The Diocese of Clogher encompasses all of Co Monaghan, virtually all of Co Fermanagh along with portions of Counties Tyrone, Donegal, Louth and Cavan. It has 37 parishes and 85 churches, with 54 priests and 1 deacon in parish ministry. The Cathedral church is in Monaghan and St Macartan is the patron saint of the diocese.
25 August 2020