The Diocese of Meath has published details of the ceremonies for Holy Week 2017. All the major Holy Week ceremonies will take place in the Cathedral of Christ the King in Mullingar.
These include the Chrism Mass which will be celebrated by Bishop Michael Smith and all the priests of the Diocese of Meath on Wednesday 12 April at 7.00pm. During that Mass, Bishop Smith will bless the holy oils that will be used at baptisms, confirmations, ordinations and the anointing of the sick during the year ahead.
Bishop Smith will also celebrate the Mass of the Last Supper in Saint Mary’s Parish, Navan and the Passion of the Lord on Good Friday, also in Navan.
Good Friday liturgies will be taking place in virtually every church in the Diocese of Meath. Outdoor stations of the cross will take place in nine parishes: Bohermeen, Castlepollard, Clara, Collinstown, Drumraney, Longwood, Mullingar, Navan, Slane and Tullamore.
Bishop Smith will preside at the Easter Vigil in the Cathedral of Christ the King, Mullingar on Saturday 15 April.
A number of parishes will host Dawn Masses on Easter Sunday, 16 April. These are:
- Drumraney, Co. Westmeath: Dawn Mass at 6.15am in the old cemetery
- Fore Abbey, Co. Westmeath: Dawn Mass at 6.00am
- Kingscourt, Co. Cavan: Dawn Mass at 5.55am at the Mass Rock on Loughanleagh Mountain
- Mullingar, Co. Westmeath: Dawn Mass at 6.15am at Lough Ennell
- Nobber, Co. Meath: Dawn Mass at 6.00am in the old cemetery
- Raharney, Co. Westmeath: Dawn Mass at 6.00am
- Tullamore, Co. Offaly: Dawn Mass at 6.00am at the site of the original parish church.
For more information on the Holy Week and Easter services in the Diocese of Meath see www.dioceseofmeath.ie.