Faithcast is the weekly podcast from catholicnews.ie, the news source for the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference. Presented by Brenda Drumm, Faithcast is a mixture of interviews and news snippets from the Catholic Church in Ireland.
In this episode of Faithcast, Brenda speaks to Bishop Denis Nulty, Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin, about how the plans for the World Meeting of Families 2018 are progressing in the Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin.
Brenda also speaks to Father Richard Leonard SJ, writer and film critic. Father Leonard was in Ireland this week to promote his latest novel What Does It All Mean?’which explores the grounds for faith, the challenges in believing, the problem of evil and lifetime lessons for prayer and the spiritual life and acts as a guide to being more faithful, hopeful and loving.
The faith news this week features:
• Pope Francis announces date and publishes his message for the first World Day of the Poor;
• 48th Irish Church Music Association Summer School;
• Lough Derg invites families to come and spend time with them ahead of WMOF2018;
• New book from Veritas on the life and legacy of Nano Nagle; and,
• Four Church leaders gather in Belgium to mark the centenary commemorations for Battle of Messines.
Click here to listen/download this week’s episode.